Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Graduation...

   
I am the first to graduate of my siblings. So of course the days leading up my mom was being all sentimental. Talking about seeing me walk cross the stage and how she was going to try not to cry. For me it was an excited and nervous feeling. I felt like I was walking across a narrow creaky bridge, nervous about falling and making it across but excited to see what was on the other side.

My friends and I had a count down to the day of graduation. We were all way too anxious for that day. We were ready to leave high school in the dust and turn down a new road. But with the excitement also came sadness. Sadness that we were all going to go to different schools and wouldn’t see each other on a day to day basis. The funny thing is, no one really showed those feelings. No one wanted to confront those feelings, we loved each other too much.

Finally the "big day" came all of us could not stop smiling. Nothing could ruin this day for us. As I was standing in the big ballroom preparing to make my big entrance I couldn't help but thinking is the really it? is this change and new adventure really happening to me? We finally were able to make our entrance, all eyes were on us the graduating class of 2011! We took our seats and as I sat there waiting for my name to be called with nothing but a smile on my face and butterflies in my stomach I felt as if I was somewhere else. Somewhere only I was, somewhere special. Finally my name was called I stood up and as I walked across the stage tears grew in my eyes. The feeling I had was once in a life time.

After the ceremony was over all the graduates were herded back to the big ballroom. This is where I finally couldn't hold it in anymore. The tears started flowing. Nothing would ever be the same between me and my friends. We had grown up and were now of to experience new things and meet new people. As much as I wanted this day to come I didn’t want the good-bye to come with it. But I've come to the realization that my true friends will be waiting there for me at the end of this chapter. Helping me along the way if I need it.

I hope everyone will someday, at some point be able to experience graduation day. And when that day comes cherish it and all the memories. Also, TAKE A LOT OF PICTURES!!!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment