What is multiculturalism and diversity? Yes, I know there are the definitions from the dictionary but, is that really what everyone agrees with? And what does is mean in and for America? Again, I’m not sure if any one person can give me the right answer because every one person I would ask would give their own version of what they think it means. Does this helps us or hinder us? These are all questions I’m thinking about and would like to know the answer to. America is the land of the free, everyone and anyone is accepted. So, should these people be required to learn and speak English or is it ok for them not to? Why is it that some cultures or races feel they are not being treated with the same respects and deserve more than others? Honestly, I fell these questions may never truly be able to be answered because every one person will defend their options, beliefs and, culture. When will we be able to stop the disagreements and answer these few questions?
No comments:
Post a Comment